How do you get your students organized? Do you have them have folders or binders for your class? I am getting my “student guidelines” ready and this is something I have been thinking about. I always have my students bring in a 2 inch binder- but I usually end up changing how I have them organize it every year.
Last year, I had my students take a survey and I got great feedback from them. From this feedback I was able to reflect on my teaching practice as well as how they felt about their textbook and classroom organization.
One take away was how they thought their binder should be organized and this is what I will be implementing this year…
Students will need to have a 2 inch binder (with a pocket or folder for incoming/outgoing assignments) with the following categories:
- Vocabulario– Vocabulary and new expressions
- Calentamientos & Notas– Calentamientos (warm-ups), classwork and notes
- Actividades Auditivas: Listening activities and songs
- Gramática– Rules and practice on language usage, structure, grammar, verbs, adjectives, etc.
- Cultura– Cultural units, maps and all material related to the Spanish-speaking world
- Exámenes y Pruebas- Corrected assessments (for the portfolio later)
What do you think? Would you organize it differently? We are moving away from the text, so this is a good way for the students to organize all of the handouts from class so their binder acts like a book.
I don’t have any pictures because we haven’t started school yet but will post one soon.